Welcome to the Library
This Libguide was created to help you successfully complete your History of Fashion assignment. You will find suggestions for websites, databases and images on the Research Resource page. Remember the librarians are here to help !
This guide was created by:
Pam Strom and D. Lazar 9/2012
The History of Fashion
Directions: All projects will be presented in chronological order. All projects will be due on Friday, September 16th. You have a choice of presenting your project in the following manner:
Power Point Presentation
3-Sided Display Board
Each person or group will choose an era. Following are the questions that must be answered.
1. What era are you reporting?
2. Did the weather play a role in how people dress or dressed in your era?
3. How do the following terms reflect in your fashion era: economics, politics, power, religion, and technology?
4. If the factors stated in question 3 do not reflect fashion in your era, what factors affect how people dress?
5. How does your fashion era reflect the word “modesty?”
6. What types of fabrics, fibers or embellishments are or were used to produce clothing from your era?
7. Please include at least five pictures of types of clothing from your era.
Creativity and neatness count. Please have fun with this project. I am excited to see all of your presentations!
The Middle Ages The Renaissance
The 17th Century The 18th Century The 19th Century
1900-1910 1910-1920 1920-1930
1930-1940 1940-1950 1950-1960
1960-1970 1970-1980 1980-1990