More fun that you can imagine....
Steps in Preparing a Research Paper
1. Gather relevant background articles on historical time period, American culture, and literary criticism
2. Generate keyword list, keep adding search terms
3. Writing a preliminary thesis statement: selecting and limiting your subject
4. Take notes on sources gathered. (generated a works consulted page in Noodle Tools)
5. Final thesis statement.
6. Writing an outline
7. First working draft, including parenthetical documentation and a works cited page.
8. Proofreading and revising working draft.
9. Preparing the final polished Jr. Theme
Thinking About Sources
Where to look - Cast a Wide Net!
and what to avoid--Content Farms
"It's Online; Is it On Target?" evaluation of websites